Larry & Jessica
We give God the credit – we are here for and because of Him.
Larry D. Phillips
Larry has over 20 years of experience serving clients in a wide array of industries, including small business, manufacturing, construction, restaurants and agribusiness. Larry enjoys the variety that comes with public accounting.
I love the service aspect of what I do. My passion is figuring out the intricacies of a business or the details behind someone’s personal financial situation to see how I can best help my clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Hastings Rotary Club member
- Kiwanis Club of Caledonia Past Treasurer
Any accountant can prepare a tax return or a financial statement, but I strive to bring value to each and every client I am fortunate enough to work with.
Outside of work, Larry spends his time relaxing with Jessica and their three kids, ages 7 to 12. He also coaches baseball, watches Detroit sports, and plays golf any chance he can get. Larry is actively involved at Thornapple Valley Church in Hastings. He coaches five to seven year-olds in TVC Kids, serves on the TVC Board of Directors, and most recently, has taken up leading a weekly men’s life group.
- Grand Valley State University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Grand Valley State University, Master of Science in Taxation
- AICPA Accredited in Business Valuation
Jessica was a middle school science teacher in Wyoming before spending the last ten years at home raising children.
Our youngest is in school full time now. I wasn’t really sure how I wanted to get back into the workforce, I was just open to whatever God wanted me to do. He definitely dropped this business venture into our lap. I never expected to be working in a tax office, but in hindsight, it’s perfect…helping Larry and serving clients…it’s what I’ve been in training for all these years!
When Jessica isn’t in the office, you might find her at a garage sale, in the garden, out for a run, or in the kitchen experimenting with new recipes. Larry & Jessica recently installed a Michigan native wildflower prairie on the 3 acres of former hayfield next to their house. A self-proclaimed “bird-nerd,” she and the kids fill the birdfeeders around their house every morning.
- Grand Valley State University, Bachelor of Science in Biology/Chemistry
- Aquinas College, Master in Science Education
- Hastings Food Forest Steering Committee, Secretary
- Barry Community Foundation, Grant Committee member
- Thornapple Valley Church’s TVC Kids, small group leader
- Barry County Bluebirds, volunteer trail manager
Having known Larry Phillips as our accountant for several years, working on several of our business’s accounting projects, I think Larry serves us well. Even when our businesses do not do well, Larry has been there to help us in so many ways, and I count him as a good friend for moving forward to continue his great service.